December 13, 2012

He Has Compassion

But I don't know my Bible well enough! What if someone asks me a question and I don't have the answer?

My own relationship with God isn't that strong.. How can I teach others?

I'm sccccaaaaarrrreddd!!!


Consider:

The first missionaries Jesus sent to Decapolis had only been Christians for a few minutes. They knew next to nothing. They had never heard a sermon. Their relationship with Christ had barely begun, much less developed and matured.

But it was enough.

The King of the Universe deemed them worthy to represent Him before an entire region.

They just shared what they knew. They told what He had done for them.
They told how He had "had compassion" on them.

"And all men did marvel." Mark 5:20

Jesus has had compassion on me.

I can tell the people that.

I can be a missionary.



Concept from: Desire of Ages page 340.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, I needed thatThere may be more on my plate in the next few weeks than I can handle - and that's ok. I'm not really supposed to be the one handling it all anyway, He is - He's good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for this encouragement. It's something that I've really been realizing recently....
    I love this about God and us. That though I'm am weak and clueless, His "strength is made perfect in [my] weakness".

    ReplyDelete