September 16, 2012

Transfusion

"I no longer pray for God to help me love people," my friend said, "I ask Him to give me Jesus love.

"I no longer ask to be empowered, I ask for Jesus power.

"I no longer ask that God will help me control my thoughts, I ask for the thoughts of Jesus."

Because Jesus didn't just give His life for us, He wants to give His life to us.

The Lord Jesus loves His people, and when they put their trust in Him, depending wholly upon Him, He strengthens them. He will live through them, giving them the inspiration of His sanctifying Spirit, imparting to the soul a vital transfusion of Himself. He acts through their faculties and causes them to choose His will and to act out His character.
-That I May Know Him 78.4

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for that... needed that in a special way this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete