August 9, 2012

First day

The first day is already over... And with a snap of the fingers and a wink of an eyelash it will be the last already.

The last of my OHC class syllabi are resting in my binder between their colorful animal print tab dividers. Principles of the Christian Faith, Advanced Expository Writing, Marketing.. Just 19 more credit hours to go...

I have seen many others in their last semester get struck by a strange malady termed "Senioritis" with telltale symptoms like loss of motivation, increased procrastination, and spontaneous humming of Pomp and Circumstance.

I half expected it to bite me too.

It hasn't.

Rather I find every fiber in me silently pleading noooooooo.... Not yet..I haven't drunk my fill yet. I'm still savoring the flavors.. I'm not ready for it to be over.

Some well-meaning friend asked, "I bet you're ready to be done, huh?"

Are you kidding me?!

Ready to be done listening to scripture songs sung in 6 part harmony every day? Done with hearing soul-gripping messages morning after morning and class after class? Done with my family?

I don't think so!

But I can't stop the clock. Graduation day is still approaching, and, well, I'm getting old. Opportunities await me, and life holds surprises yet undiscovered that I certainly wouldn't want to miss.

But for now I'm treasuring the moments.

It's going to be a good semester.

0 comments:

Post a Comment