September 2, 2011

Friday

Today I:
wanted to make it to class on time. Failed.
wanted to be a loving, understanding daughter and sister. Failed.
wanted to get on top of my homework. Failed
wanted to be there for a friend. Failed.
wanted to relieve my mom of the Friday cleaning load. Failed.
wanted to avoid an annoying (public) breakdown. Failed.
Today Jesus:
wanted to whisper hope in my ear. Succeeded.
wanted to take the stony heart out of my flesh and give me a heart that delights to do His will. Succeeded.
wanted to bathe my heart in peace. Succeeded.
wanted to lift my mind from the moment and into the sunlight of His presence. Succeeded.
wanted to throw my past into the Marina Trench and tell me about His plans to give me a hope and a future (Jer 29:11). Succeeded.
wanted me to not even think of failure. Succeeded.

We had a successful day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh... Wow.

    Beth, I really needed to read this tonight.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much Beth! Keep looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I do not have your email. Please email me @ kadewilkinson@gmail.com it has to do with your blog and a new project I'd like to start.

    ReplyDelete