June 8, 2011

Running Over

I’m humbled, awed, and completely and totally in love…

On Friday my bank account dipped to an all-time low of $18.38. Not cool. I wasn’t much comforted by the fact that my wallet contained an additional $14 cash. I’ve never been rich…but I’m not used to being quite this bad off… I also discovered that my car had two flat tires and not a drop of oil showing up on the dip-stick. My air-conditioning ran out of Freon and stopped blowing cold air. (Car maintenance is apparently not my strength, lol)

On Sabbath a plea was made for funds. Cute children took up an offering. God wanted the $14 and He got it…

On Sunday my oil was changed with absolutely no charge (and with a far better quality filter put in than I get with my usual cheapo- WalMart oil change) and two quarts of oil mysteriously showed up in my trunk. All car fluids were checked and topped.

On Monday my tires were patched and rotated for no charge. I was handed a check for $200 which made it possible to also get the tires aligned ($70). The kind men at the tire shop were concerned that my tires really just needed to be replaced. The front ones were badly worn, and the back were beginning to crack. It would only cost $380 they said. Not being entirely convinced that their concern wasn’t related to their desire to sell me their tires, I politely declined the offer…

On Tuesday my depleted air-conditioning unit was charged for $80 and the nice man gave me an unbiased opinion of the tires– “Better replace them.”

On Wednesday my step-grandpa (having gotten a quote from nearly every tire shop in Spokane) announced that he had found a place that would replace the entire set for only $175+tax. “Write her out a check for $200 and send her down,” he told Grandma, “We don’t want these girls blowing a tire.” She handed me the check. It read $300. “No, Grandma.." I protested, "he said $200.” 
“I’m hard of hearing” she said meaningfully, and slapped her checkbook closed with a stubborn finality that did great justice to her German roots.

$14 is a pitifully small deposit... All of that quality work done, and I still have gas money left over!

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:19
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.” Luke 6:38
“…for he is faithful that promised.” Heb 10:23
.

3 comments:

  1. God is so good! So good! :-) What wonderful things He does for us, when we allow Him to and put Him in charge of our lives! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. It's just plain awesome how Heaven works. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful testimony. God is very good!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read this.... Thanks for sharing. Pray for me.

    ReplyDelete