February 26, 2011

When my heart is overwhelmed...lead me to the Rock that is higher than I

“And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.” Psalm 55:6-8

I’m with ya tonight, David…

This poor overloaded brain just wants a way out—a place to escape from the turmoil inside. Thinking can be so exhausting. I’m tired of processing painful things, tired of putting up with my own annoying self, tired of the ever-increasing homework stack towering over me that only grows no matter how much I chip away at it… The thought of flying away on the wings of a dove is more tempting than I care to admit..

God just smiles at me. “Keep reading.” :-)

“Cast your burden upon the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Vs. 22

A tear trickles…and then another…
The heart relaxes in surrender. Take my treasure, Lord…

The turmoil subsides. It’s peaceful inside. Jesus is on the throne again.

The painful, annoying, selfish, overwhelming things shrink back into the darkness.

It is a Happy Sabbath.

4 comments:

  1. sigh... Oh thank you, Beth. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    That's exactly how I felt yesterday. Except I wasn't so much tired of homework (though I very well could be) as I was tired of thinking about other things...

    "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge, and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust." Psalm 91:2

    Happy Sabbath! Enjoy this day of rest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen... What would we do without it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no greater love or peace then what comes from Jesus Christ, and form Him alone. Great, great peace....

    ReplyDelete