January 27, 2011

Crooked Things



I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;...And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them."
Isaiah 42:6, 16

"Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude. Nothing of the world can make them sad when Jesus makes them glad by His presence. In perfect acquiescence there is perfect rest. The Lord says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. Our lives may seem a tangle; but as we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory."
 DA 331

3 comments:

  1. I'm posting Soyster! On your updated sight: I like it. On your description of yourself: since when were you phlegmatic? On this picture: it brings back memories. On our relationship: you are absolutely the best sister ever! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't phlegmatic, it would have really bothered me that you think I'm not... ;)

    I think I'm phlegmatic because, 1.) Jaimie said so and that girl knows what she's talkin bout, 2.)I don't panic in crisis like some of my family members, ahem,:P 3.)It doesn't stress me out if I happen to need to be late to something (carefully worded sentence, DON'T mess with it!), 4.)Grandma says I'm like Grandpa Hart and he was the definition of phlegmatic, 5.)It doesn't stress me out when other people mess stuff up (most of the time), 6.)I look phlegmatic when I'm next to you. :-D :-D

    Which all just means, I LOVE YOU! :-D
    What do you say we take a road trip out west and visit McCall point TOMORROW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to, cause whoever took this picture (probly me, lol) chopped the edges of the road off and it looks funny.

    Course..I'm phlegmatic so that shouldn't bother me, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete