December 7, 2010

Assured Uncertainty

Seems like so often I find myself here in assured uncertainty--free falling into an unknown future.

The ground seems to rush toward you so fast... I want to know. I want to see what's ahead. I want to plot my course, and find a soft grassy place to land.

Yet though the future may be uncertain, it is assured. My God assures me that He has something better than knowing the future---

Peace

I have that assurance that my future is held in the hands of One who is the same "yesterday, today, and forever." He will guide my trusting free-fall to a safe resting place.

All I need to do is take the plunge. Let go. Throw away my parachute.



And soar like an eagle.



Between some precious thought of God and all its sweet fulfilling,

There lies a path we cannot tread unless the heart is willing.
Some open door seems just in sight, we seek for His approval,
Obstructions rise, the barriers crowd, we long for their removal.
But ah, beware lest in thy haste thou miss the joy He’d send thee,
For only where He opens doors can He Himself attend thee.
Let not thy will frustrate His own, the center of it means blessing,
The Holy Spirit waits to see if self or He is pressing.
He has a work for thee which needs thy heart with His own beating,
And true equipment always lies just where these two are meeting.
Then do not lose the lesson sweet He now would have thee learning,
He knows just where to put the probes in hearts o’er which He’s yearning.
Within His will contentedly, in quiet trust confiding,
Wait only, with surrendered will, He’ll reach thee with His guiding.
-Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment